Thursday, July 26, 2007

Moving---Pain and Decrepitude


If anyone ever figures out how to make moving relatively painless, let me know. Notice I didn't actually say painless, because I really don't see how that's even a possibility.

Right now I am moving from an apartment into a condo. Should be easy right? Wrong. Clone 2 used to be my roommate, but since she got married, I had to go scavenging for new roommates. I picked an amazing girl I'll call Jazz--a music major turned para-educator who's now working on her masters in education so that she can teach music. She brought along a girl who she knew from college who's doing her student teaching out here. So far Roommate 3 is not in sight. She's coming this weekend.

Anyway, Jazz is really nice, all is well, but I just have stuff. I don't know where it all came from (fairies, elves, gremlins?), but it is there nonetheless. Now, my job is to sort through it, pack it, toss it, or give it away. And then move it. Talk about exhaustion. Also, since Clone 2 is on her honeymoon, I'm now doing this alone. She got a lot of her stuff out when I was at EFY, so now I just have a large task ahead of me and only until August 31st to do it.

Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Lippy said...

Oh boy...sympathy reigns here. I swore the last time I moved that someone was sneaking in extra boxes. I never thought I'd be done!

Good luck

Th. said...

.

For gracious sakes! you're back!