I don't have T.B., Plague, or the Ebola virus; I just have asthma. (Okay, and bronchitis about twice a year.)
I started feeling sick on Friday. It was rainy, cold, and I was judging policy debate. My lungs felt like they had little elephants jumping up and down on them.
Then I woke up on Saturday and the elephants had grown. Then came Sunday. Then came Monday. A school day. The week before finals. I decided to take a day off. The day turned into three complete with visiting the doctor and paying unheard of money for prednisone and environmentally-safe inhalers.
So, I am alive. I'm back at school. I'm surviving. I'm not 100 percent, but I'm getting there one percent at at time.
Then why am I dressing all in black tomorrow?
Wicked.
*Sorry for the title. I tend to have a sense of the over-dramatic.
2 comments:
I have asthma too. I had a cold a few weeks ago that decided to settle in my lungs, so I had to get a new inhaler as well as a steroid diskus... hooray for modern medicine. Sorry about the elephants.
.
If you've got to go, might as well pick the most surprising means possible. So long as it's not contagious. Good job.
Post a Comment