Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Have I Mentioned This?

I scanned down and didn't see that I had mentioned that I'm training for a half marathon, but I am. So, if you wonder where I've been, chances are I'm either at work, school, the gym, or in bed.

Yesterday my long run was 11 miles. I'm still to the point where I'm walking and running, but I had a pretty good time. I did the first 4.4 miles at a local park. I've been trying to start transitioning to running outdoors, but yesterday was the first time I'd ever run at that park before (never mind that trail) and I kept being afraid I'd get lost. I made it just fine (walked more than usual), but my handy dandy Nike+ Sportband was 1 mile off of the distance I went. Rather than finishing outside (and running longer than 11 miles), I decided to finish up in the gym.

The last 7 seemed to go by almost faster than the first 4. I tried multi-tasking, and listening to Lear while I was running so I could finish my homework, but I ended up finishing the Arden edition later at home.

My next long run is isn't until the end of the month, but I have to say--12 miles makes me nervous. The actual 1/2 marathon isn't until December 5th, but I still have a while to go.

Just as an update, school has been rather crazy. Despite feeling like I'm working all the time, I'm still behind on grading and planning. Overall, though, I have high hopes for this year, so we'll see how things go.

4 comments:

Just what is a Clair? said...

You are AMAZING! BJ and I are running(well JOGGING) in a 5k next June. That's as ambitious as we are at the moment. I still ahve a long recovery to go.

PS. Do you knit or crochet? I just learned how to crochet and I am ADDICTED! I think I will try knitting after the new year. There is an awesome website called www.ravelry.com. If you go on there you can find me as clairbear55555.:) MIss you!

Amy said...

Good for you! I think you're a tad crazy, but I can't think it's a bad thing.

N.F. said...

Oh my goodness! I am so jealous! How do you know *HOW* to train? I'm doing my 3rd 5K run on Sat. I've done 2 already, one at Disneyland and one in L.A. Granted, I walk most of it, but am trying to jog more.

Congrats to you!

I have an iPod but it's 3 years old and holds NO charge so I can't do that couch to 5K podcast........eeeeeeeeesh!

ambrosia ananas said...

You are awesome! Great work!