Sunday, August 27, 2006

Update

No, I am not dead, merely hibernating. Or, I should probably clarify that my Internet access has been hibernating. Clone 2 and I moved into a spacious and luxurious two-bedroom apartment . . . without cable or Internet. For a bit we were able to siphon off some bandwidth from a friend who lived two floors below, but then he went to Afghanistan, so our access is pretty much kaput. Blogspot and my new school don't seem to be friends that are on speaking terms, so I am now pretty much limited to posting from my parents house.

Since I last blogged school has started and I have been able to meet all of my lovely freshman and sophomores. So, a breakdown of my classes.

Blue Days
2nd Block: Planning Period--all may now rejoice. I may just say, that whoever decided that it would be helpful for me to have my planning period first thing in the morning was a genius. Definite MENSA potential.

4th Block: Academic Lab--read "study hall"

6th Block: English I--Freshman English. Complete with one junior who is trying to pass for the third time. I wish both of us luck.

8th Block: English I--A whole bunch of friendly, outgoing, talkative kids. Who actually, so far, have managed to still stay on task.

Red Days
1st Block: English II--Although we're both a little bit sleepy, we both (the class and I) seem to be able to muddle through this. This is most definitely my guinea pig class.

3rd Block: Planning Period

5th Block: A challenge in getting apathetic sophomores interested in English and reading.

7th Block: A class who likes to have fun, and is willing to try such a thing even with books written by old dead guys.

Right now I'm just trying to play catch-up.

So, how are all of you?

4 comments:

N.F. said...

How do the red and blue days come into play?

AmyJane said...

Hi, sweetie! Good to see you're alive! Good luck with school!

erin said...

I was going to comment earlier but Blogger was having problems.

Anyway.

Glad to hear that things are up and going again. Sorry you don't have internet though. That's sad. :(

Th. said...

.

I liked having prep first, but other teachers were sorry for me. It was normal, at Bedrock, for first period preppers to all have to sub for someone who was late.

What a world.