Thursday, August 21, 2008

Back to School

My Grad school class started last night and I can tell you at least one thing about it.

It is going to kick my trash.

Really.

I love the professor so far. He has a sense of humor and engaging personality. I tend to be willing to work harder for them than the boring drones. It's the literary criticism and theory class, so things are going to get quite interesting. We're reading Dracula (which I mentioned before) and a TON of theory articles. I knew when I started seeing names on the reading like Derrida and Barthes and Ransom that things were going to be interesting. I don't think I'm going to be disappointed.

My first three to six page discussion paper is due next class period. Wahoo!

5 comments:

erin said...

That's what I first thought about grad school. And I continue to think that with every class I take. But somehow I've managed A's in every class so far (with 4 to go) so it really isn't as horrible as you may think. Summary: it's intense, but doable.

Unknown said...

I start my first real grad school classes in a week and a half, and for now I'm still excited. We'll see how I feel once class starts.

N.F. said...

I start student teaching and could not be freaking out more!

Hokie said...

I am glad my school days are behind me for now, but that doesn't mean I don't feel for you. Our students did Dracula for their play last year. It was interesting.

Nonnie said...

you LOVE to learn ,that's what makes you such a great teacher. I just know that you will rock in this class !!!