So, I'm usually the type of person who's into having something done quickly. Well, but quickly. For that reason, knit toy patterns are heaven sent. It's so wonderful to be able to start something and see the finished product in a short time. Mostly because right now all I have are short times. I must be crazy, though, because my next knitting project is slated to last me the rest of my knitting life, but I've always wanted a shawl. My grandma used to crochet us little ones when we were growing up. (I still remember wearing it to a choir concert we had at the zoo.)
Now I'm making my own. It's going to take forever. I'm just making a regular shawl pattern that's all knits and purls. My next one will involve yarn overs. Right now I'm using the prayer shawl pattern, because I want to start sending these out to people. I just would like to know what I'm doing first.
3 comments:
Way to go you! You can do it! I've starting so many crochet blankets...but I just can't seem to finish them. But I know you can do this! :)
I can't wait to see it! I've wanted a shawl for a few years now, and I've got a couple of patterns and some yarn tucked away for one, but I'm too chicken to try it yet.
The closest I've come to a shawl was a VERY simple poncho for Savvy. I have some projects going on for Christmas but nothing as ambitious as yours! Can't wait to see.p
Post a Comment