Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Grad School

I really, really wish I hadn't waited so long between undergrad and grad school. I feel like I've forgotten so much and I'm constantly having to play catch-up.

I feel like I'm learning a lot, but I went through some of my old papers last weekend and saw that I've done a lot of this before . . . during my freshman year of college, in other words, eight years ago. Blah! Why can't I just have a photographic memory.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I wish I hadn't waited so long either. It would've been easier if I'd started before we had kids. And one of my biggest concerns isn't that I've forgotten everything, but that I didn't do nearly enough library research or write enough papers as an undergrad. I feel pretty unprepared in that regard.

N.F. said...

Oh wow. I know exactly what you mean. I graduated in 1990 (!) and am just now in school for my teaching credential. If only I had my stuff together YEARS ago! (I know, if only if only will only get me in trouble.)

Snow Whiteley said...

Jonathon--I can only imagine how it would go with kids. Holy cow!

N.F.--It really is hard to go back!