Thursday, July 02, 2009

Spinning

I wish I could say that it was my first spinning class, but I took one about four years ago and nearly died. And you think I'm exaggerating. This one went so much better.

I got the to gym about 5:20, put my stuff in my locker and went to the spinning room. I didn't expect so many people to be there so early, but a little under two-thirds of the bikes were occupied. I picked one that thought it might work, jiggled the seat around a bit, and then started my warm-up.

I can't remember enough about it last time to say what the hardest part was, but this time the hardest part was trying to gauge the difficulty level of each turn of the knob. They have you monitor and change up your perceived exertion, and that's what took a little bit of getting used to. If I had realized what my 9 and 10 were (highest on the scale) earlier, I would have been a bit sweatier at the end. As it was I was pretty sweaty, but not as much when I go for an out and out run.

What I loved about it was the instructor and the music. I was not too happy about being up so early, but by the time I got started I was having a grand old time. The instructor was very clear and very good and I felt like I was definitely pushed. It also feels good that it's about 7:15 as I'm writing this and I can already check off exercise on my to-do list. Right on.

If only my bum wasn't a bit saddle sore it would be a perfect morning.

Also, weight update: Down 20 lbs. Here's a new pic.

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Way to go on your 20 pounds! I'm sure you worked hard for it. You look great!

Just what is a Clair? said...

How is this gorgeous fox not married?! You look so greeat! I am super envious. I have about 60-70 pounds to lose, I kid you not. But I have lots of fun excersizing plans to help me out. I took one spinning class...oi. It is a hard work out, but people become SUPER obsessed about it! Way to go!

ambrosia ananas said...

You look great! Nice work. And I love your hair.

Amy said...

Good for you! I will try to follow your example now.

Chantalita said...

Wooohooo hottie!!

N.F. said...

Oh wow! Way to go! I want to take a spinning class sooooooooooo bad! Need the job first so I can get the $ to join a gym, but I'll be there soon enough! I promise!