Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Summer Lovin'--Actually, Just Lovin' Summer

I'm doing so much this summer, but I'm actually feeling pretty good right now. (Especially since I just jogged two and a half miles for the second time this week.)

This summer has been really amazing even though I've still been busy. I finished school two weeks ago tomorrow. That Friday I had a great time taking three of my nieces and nephews to the park. Last week I had a five-day workshop working on creating standards that students can be guaranteed to be taught at each grade level. On Saturday I went to see The Merry Wives of Windsor with Lilbit and C and just had a blast.

I made it to FHE on Monday for the first time in a long time. Monday I caught up on some sleep and then on Tuesday I cleaned my room up some and finished my homework. It was just good to be able to breathe.

Today I started a five-week intensive Summer Writing Institute that focuses on teaching writing, a large part of which is participating in the writing process yourself. I'm so excited so far. I feel like I already have a couple of strategies to work on with my kids and I have ideas for a story I can develop. This could actually be an amazing summer.

1 comment:

N.F. said...

Sounds like you're doing well......I love the jogging part you wrote, as I just signed up for the Disney 5K in a few months. This will be my 3rd 5K! :)