Tonight is House, actually not the t.v. show, but the kind of the open variety when all of the parents come and see the teachers so that they can tell that they are nice, professional individuals rather than mass murderers. Really, I think that's the whole reason behind Open House. At my school, it consists of ten minute speeches, one for each class. and goes for two hours. Oh joy! That means that I'll get out of school about twelve hours from now.
I understand that we don't have it earlier so that elementary schools have time to do their open houses, but as we are three and a half weeks into the six-week grading period, I know that parents will have questions about grades. Which I'm not supposed to answer. So the plan is to talk for the entire time period and to keep going and not ask for any questions or take a breath in fear that parents will either ask about grades or some other random, unanswerable question.
2 comments:
I'm on break from full time teaching this year (3 month old baby) and there are definitely some things I don't miss!
And we, being ravenous kiwi eaters at our house, prefer spifes (spoon/knife combo) to sporks.
Ha! right now I at work I have a camping tool so that I don't have to worry about utensils. I call it a tool, because I'm not sure what else to call it. It's actually all three (spoon, fork, and knife) in one and so even trumps sporks AND spifes.
Post a Comment