Ugh. I decided to try eharmony, and though they probably have the best searches, they also are insanely expensive and will do anything to keep your money. I had done a 3 month offer for 60 dollars and I cancelled a couple days in advance to make sure they wouldn't bill me again, but they did, to the tune of 120 dollars and their customer service you can only find on sites which have people complaining about their service, and then they try to do everything they can to not have to give you the money back.
So use eharmony if you have the money for it, wait for a promotion where you can get 3 months for 60 dollars, all of their fees are one price, they say, for a year it's only 20 dollars a month but you pay it in one payment of 220 dollars.
My research has convinced me to avoid LDS Planet>, so I hope that helps! Let me know how it goes! I say if you're not meeting eligible people in your normally scheduled life then it's probably a good idea to give something like this a shot.
My suggestion would be to do ldsmingle.com first. You can do a profile for free--and, that way, you can see if you get responses, etc. You don't fork out the money and then see that it blows.
5 comments:
Ugh. I decided to try eharmony, and though they probably have the best searches, they also are insanely expensive and will do anything to keep your money. I had done a 3 month offer for 60 dollars and I cancelled a couple days in advance to make sure they wouldn't bill me again, but they did, to the tune of 120 dollars and their customer service you can only find on sites which have people complaining about their service, and then they try to do everything they can to not have to give you the money back.
So use eharmony if you have the money for it, wait for a promotion where you can get 3 months for 60 dollars, all of their fees are one price, they say, for a year it's only 20 dollars a month but you pay it in one payment of 220 dollars.
My research has convinced me to avoid LDS Planet>, so I hope that helps! Let me know how it goes! I say if you're not meeting eligible people in your normally scheduled life then it's probably a good idea to give something like this a shot.
Thanks for the thoughts and the clues of which ones to go for and which ones to avoid. I'll be on the lookout. I appreciate the advice.
I'm a bad one to poll on this. I've met too many lunatics online WITHOUT using dating services!
My suggestion would be to do ldsmingle.com first. You can do a profile for free--and, that way, you can see if you get responses, etc. You don't fork out the money and then see that it blows.
Post a Comment