Sunday, October 22, 2006

Things that Have Happened Since I Last Wrote

10. I have chaperoned my first high school dance.
9. I have volunteered to help with the creative writing magazine, speech and debate club, and youth in government.
8. I have finished Lord of the Flies and begun The Bean Trees with my sophomores and To Kill a Mockingbird with my freshman.
7. I have been freaked out by an FBI guy who came to our school to talk to the faculty about keeping kids (and us as adults) safe on the Internet.
6. I have gotten bronchitis.
5. I have yelled at my kids. Yelled. Really yelled.
4. I have gotten disillusioned and reillusioned about teaching. (I'm not sure how much sense this will make to you, but at this point of night I get it.)
3. I've been asked out twice (only one official-ish date so far).
2. I have read Fairest by Gail Carson Levine and River Secrets by Shannon Hale.
1. My niece has turned three.

So, I shall have to update more often, but at this point, I'm off to see what other bloggers have been doing with their month.

Hope to hear from you. Be safe.

7 comments:

AmyJane said...

Have you read Goose Girl by Shannon Hale (it was a Newbery Mention)? Loved it...

Snow Whiteley said...

I love it! River Secrets is the sequel to the sequel (kind of). Shannon Hale is my writing idol.

Have you read Princess Academy by her? I also love that one.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I absolutely LOVED Princess Academy! Fabulous, fabulous book. :)

Anonymous said...

How did you like River Secrets relative to her other work? I loved The Goose Girl and Princess Academy, but Enna Burning didn't do it for me as much.

I also cannot fathom what possessed you to volunteer for that many extracurriculars. Goodness.

Snow Whiteley said...

I like River Secrets SO much better than Enna Burning. It's not like I hated the book or anything, but it just didn't keep my interest for the whole book. This last one though was really good. It's written as a mystery and, since I seem to be addicted to those, I was interested the whole time.

P.S. Just got Wintersmith (by Terry Pratchett) from the library yesterday. Hooray!

N.F. said...

I've got to start reading these books you all mention!

Th. said...

.

Did 6 follow 5, or 5 follow 6?