Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Uh Oh

I think I've said yes to too many things. I'm not sure how things go from sane to crazy, but I think I'm sure going to find out rather soon. I have to say that on the Yeah-Sure to Holy-Cow Scale of Stress I think I'm currently at Woah-Momma.

Things I'm Currently Stressed About:

1. School--Planning--My mentee came to me today and asked me what I was doing today. I gave her a rough sketch and then went my way-to actually finish planning. The planning didn't happen this weekend as I was out of town taking a much deserved break. I had things mostly planned out, but then I had an amazing conference that was inspiring but scary all at the same time. I decided to totally change things based on the speaker's agenda and finding. . . and then slowly began coming to my senses today realizing that this is how the pendulum swings in education and that I should take it slowly.

2. School--Being The Perfect Teacher--Hopefully I'm coming to my senses on this one slowly and surely. I'm not saying that you shouldn't strive for perfection, but I'm so not going to be there any time soon and expecting that if I work hard enough I'll get there eventually is crap. I will continue to work hard, but I have to realize that perfection won't actually come in this life or I'm going to give myself a nervous breakdown.

3. School--Of the Grad Variety--I missed class this last week due to Parent/Teacher conferences and now I feel so behind. I hate not knowing what I missed. I'm getting notes from two of the girls from class, but I still feel out of the loop.

4. Speech and Debate--Districts are coming up and life is crazy. I also feel so out of my league. I haven't done this since high school and I'm realizing that I forgot so much. Blah! I was trying to help a kid today on an HI (Humorous Interp--where one person plays all of the parts) and just found that I wished I'd known more of what I was doing.

5. School Grading--I just collected 60 papers (hypothetically--not all students turned theirs in) today. I should be grading.

6. Social Life--Or lack there-of. Enough said.

So, now that I've had my pity party, I'm going to go get back to work.

3 comments:

ambrosia ananas said...

Wow. Good luck. : )

N.F. said...

Wow from me, too.

If you have the time one day - maybe you can send me a little note to remind me that I really DO want to be a teacher.......


right?!


:)

Snow Whiteley said...

You do want to be a teacher. You really do. If it wasn't worth it, I wouldn't be stressed about it. :)