So, this is my third time at this class and I find myself still trying to find my niche.
Usually in a class I'm not one to ask questions or to question, but if there is something to answer and no one else does, then I will. I'm not sure what label you would give that classroom personality. Here I feel like I'm neither the class brain (this spot is taken by a brilliant, brilliant woman who seems to have taken and remembers every bit from every history, philosophy, or English course ever offered) nor the cipher, which place is taken by a man I've never heard speak and whose name is still a mystery to me in a class of 11.
My oldest sister Hippolyte* had this professor and while she is brilliant, she's also a creative soul. I consider myself bright, but not brilliant, and a reformer of ideas rather than a generator of them. So, in this class, I feel like I'm trying to establish my identity both as a grad student (or even just as a student again) and a sister of Hippolyte (or even as a person in my own right).
So, that's where I stand right now.
2 comments:
We miss you Melanie
Miss you too!
Post a Comment