
is to pet ownership what watching babysitting can be to childrearing. In other words I now know that I will not get a dog in the near future. Actually, though, this is a great development as my lease won't allow one any way.
I dogsat this weekend and it all went really well. I got to watch over two little dachshunds. One named James, one Riley. James is a miniature, reddish brown dachshund and Riley is The dogs were actually very well behaved. I only had to clean up a couple of accidents. The dog owners have a perfect yard for taking the boys outside and they were very good once they were out there--except for the fact that James didn't always want to come in, but at least he's small and portable.
They slept with me both nights and it was the cutest thing ever as James burrowed under the covers, creating a little dog-shaped lump at the other end of the bed. Riley, however, was a bit more energetic and kept me awake with his excitement. Which would be why I tried to put him in the kennel the next night. I felt bad, though, and got him back out when I woke up at about 2 or so. He was a bit less excited then and so he did better as a bedmate.
I got to hang out with them part of Friday night, most of the day Saturday, and then on Sunday after church.
So, if everything went well then why am I going to re-think getting a dog any time soon?
The only problem is that I may be allergic as I was sneezing and coughing after the first day. This could just be regular spring allergies . . . or not. So I'm going to have to hang out with some more doggies before I try to have my own.
*picture is not James, but bears a pretty good resemblance.
No comments:
Post a Comment