Monday, May 19, 2008

Things I did this weekend

1. Graduation--I got to see this from the beginning of the actual event to the end. That doesn't mean that I'm doing this year. I actually think I'm not. It's just too close to finals time with grad school and it would be too much. But I do think I want to do it in the future. I'll have to think about it from there.

2. After-Grad Party--No, not the kid's all night one. The graduation volunteers went out afterward and it felt really good just to hang out with people.

3. Shakespeare Festival Volunteering--I'm going to volunteer a bit for the local shakespeare festival and they started getting things ready, so off I went to help.

4. Grad Party--One of my speech kids invited me and I decided to go. He had it divided into adults and family earlier and then friends later on. Which I think worked out rather well. I got to mingle with the other teachers and so it wasn't too akward or anything. I usually dread these types of events, but I think I'm getting used to them more. The trick is to find someone you know.

5. Grading--Finals are this and next week.

6. Church--Great lesson this week. I've been sick and so it was good to come back.

7. Family Dinner--Always good. And all of my family in town came. Now if we could just get Jennifer to move back here early. :)

8. Finally finished Thud, by Terry Pratchett. I've checked it out from the library more than once, but never even managed to start it due to the craziness that is my life. I finally just got the book on tape and it was amazing.

2 comments:

The Wehrmeister's said...

I'm just playing hard to get

Th. said...

.

I have Thud. I'll have to make it my next Pratchett.