Saturday, June 21, 2008

My Sister Broker Her Leg

. . . and like in six places too. Which sister? Jen. They schedule the surgery on Monday. I'm sure she'll be fine, but I just worry about her. She's always been the most indestructible out of all of us, but that's probably one reason I worry so much.

Ways My Sister Has Scared Me:

1. When she was in third grade she got appendicitis. Jen has a high tolerance for pain and so Mom knew that when she was complaining about something it had to be bad. After she woke up from surgery she went to the playroom. Yep, right out of surgery and she's back to work. She got tuckered out though and had to be wheeled back. Definitely a trooper.

2. During a diving practice she hit her head on the board while doing an inward and passed out for a second after hitting the water. Needed stitches but kept with the diving and even acrobatics.

3. Knee problems in high school. Lots of pain. Knee brace, etc. etc. Ouch.

4. When Jen had her wisdom teeth out she got dry socket. She's the only person I've ever known who's had dry socket before. The horror stories of the pain? Yep, they're true.

5. Childbirth. (Well, really surgery . . . 4 c-sections. Ouch.)

There are many more, but here you go. This is why I worry about my sister. That and I kind of love her turns out.

6 comments:

N.F. said...

What is dry socket?

And..."4" c-sections!? Wow! There isn't a limit or something?

ambrosia ananas said...

Your family's having a rough time, aren't they? Hope Jen is all right.

Snow Whiteley said...

n.f.--Dry socket is something related to having your wisdom teeth out when things don't go so well and something happens that really hurts. As far as c-sections go, they keep cleaning out the scar tissue, so she's gonna keep going with having kiddos 'til the doctors say no.

Brozie--When it rains it pours. :) Thanks.

N.F. said...

Scar tissue---bleh. I have tons of that in my neck from my 2 thyroid surgeries. I wish they could clean out my scar tissue - but the thought of having my neck cut open again makes me violently ill.

So glad your sister (?) has a clean (clear?) go ahead! :)

Snow Whiteley said...

So sorry to hear about the thyroid trouble. Totally stinks.

The Wehrmeister's said...

Never Fear! Brooklyn is Here!