Pretty much all I'm doing right now is taking a minute to make a space to consider what's been going on lately.
One of my New Year's goals this year was to take things as they come. In my roommate's words, to be "fun and fancy free." I quickly tried to make her regret those words as I used them almost as a mantra. After almost a month, though, I feel like I'm grabbing to get those words back.
I'm usually very positive all in all. I try to be optimistic. Here, though, I'm going to take one day to have a bad day. To not pretend like everything's okay. I have a lot going for me, but I'm going to take two minutes to complain.
I still have bronchitis. After a month. And trips to doctors and emergency rooms and near misses at being admitted into the hospital.
I found out last night that my dad was laid off. My dad who works so hard and does so much for everyone else and who is so brilliant and talented.
And I suddenly feel transported to high school again. My sophomore year when I felt like the floor was crumbling beneath me.
So. My two minutes of venting are up. Today's my second day back at school and I should go back to planning and grading and teaching.
6 comments:
.
Me too. And yet here I am, reading your blog. What is wrong with me?
Bad days suck! Boo on them!
Man I have just had a horrible time with bronchitus type infection. I did herbal things that helped a lot, like drinking a ton of peppermint tea to soothe my throat when I started coughing a lot(especially when I would cough and no phlegm was coming up, so the coughing just made my throat raw). I was having SUCH a hard time breathing too. Heavenly Father inspired me to put some of the peppermint tea loose in a pot of steaming water and then put a towel over the pot and put my head under(be careful the steam isn't too hot). That TOTALLY opened up my nasal cavity, and then to open up my chest I did the same thing, but with rosemary and thyme. Especially the thyme helps open the chest up, I did this right before bed and it helped a lot to help me sleep. These are really easy things to do that might ease your comfort. I have horrible mucus problems that ust tighten my chest and make it hard to breathe when I get sick. I did other things like onion poultices, and there are herbs to help break up the phlegm in your lungs. If you are interested I can email you about those too. Eucalyptus in the shower(just a few drops on the floor) with a whole lot of steam helped me be able to sleep at night.
Anyways, I hope you get well REALLY SOON! Hang in there chum.
I hope you feel better quick. I start Student Teaching on Monday...and am trying to get all my last minute *fun* stuff in before next week comes.
Good luck w/your Dad.
Wow. I hope you get better soon. And I'm sorry about your dad. That's awful.
Thanks guys. I'm doing a lot better. Sorry for the pity party. Thanks for the support.
Clair--(And the advice on the peppermint tea, believe it or not I've been having a ton since before December.)
N.F.--Good luck with student teaching. I'm sure you'll do great!
Post a Comment