. . . and I feel fine.This week is Severe Weather Week in Missouri. It is mandatory that in all schools students have a tornado drill. So, of course, our school complied.
Each year at our school we have ten fire drills, two earthquake drills, one tornado drill, and one lockdown drill.
Today at our school we had, in our first hour class, one earthquake drill, one tornado drill, and one fire drill. I told my kids that it was like Disaster Day or Armeggedon. I'm just glad that things don't (usually--knock on wood) really happen like that. It's still good to have drills in these things and I really don't mind them being back to back like that. In fact, I must say that I applaud that decision. I would rather have one hour of teaching shot to heck than three hours.
Well done administration.
2 comments:
Whatever. Come spring time, I would LOVE three teaching hours shot to heck. It's not like any of my kids are even listening anymore. I just talk and I talk and NOBODY LISTENS! Ok, I have to go calm down.
Right now is crunch time due to the MAP coming up (not the Dora the Explorer kind of map--that would just be too easy), but to tell you the truth, I was praying for a snow day yesterday. PRAYING!!!
Post a Comment