Sunday, March 05, 2006

A Trip to the Salon

I am growing out my hair.

Again.

It seems that every other year, I get it into my head that I should grow my hair long. I really should learn. At least this time I'm getting better. Usually, I try putting my hair up until it gets longer. Only, turns out it kind of looks bad. Actually, I should confess that I tried this method this time, but I should add that I tired of it after only about two weeks. So, I called my lovely hair salon and fit myself in.

Wahoo! Mostly.

Turns out I really don't like getting my hair done. I know that the stereotypical hair salon is a place of wagging tongues full of great gossip. I'm not really that type of person though. For me, I just feel uncomfortable and obligated. Obligated to carry on a conversation with a woman that I see four, maybe five times a year, but who knows more about my hair than I probably do.

See, the thing is, I'm shy. Yes, I know it's hard for some of you to believe, but I really am. Until I get to know you. So, in order to get my hair highlighted, I have to spend an hour or so in her chair, plus the time of a haircut. Talking to someone for an hour and a half is not my cup of tea. Maybe this is the reason I'm constantly trying to grow out my hair.

Hmmm....

1 comment:

Michelle W said...

Hey you! I want pictures of the new hair!