Thursday, March 09, 2006

Shopping Can Be FUN?!?

So, I went shopping with my lovely sister who lives in Kansas City. And it turns out that it doesn't have to be horrible!

My Social Butterfly (sister #2 in the line, not to be mistaken for Clone 2) is a shopper extraordinaire. Really and truly.

My method of shopping consists of looking for what's on sale, trying it on and, if it works--or at least fits--then buying it . . . in every color. This possibly explains why my wardrobe consists of plain colored shirts and various colored pants (black, brown, and to be exotic from time to time--navy).

But I should probably add that I generally hate shopping. For which reason that people generally hate shopping with me. My method includes getting in and getting out in as little time as possible. One trip to the dressing room is plenty. One trip around the store is enough.

Well, with Social Butterfly I have actually found joy in shopping. It turns out that things actually look good on me. Some things. Since I have found the joy of shopping with her I have found at least three DIVINE outfits.

I still haven't found the method to her madness. At first it seemed that she just found generally cute things, threw them on me and they just, worked. When I went shopping with Clone 2 in Utah, I found through experimentation that, at least for me, this method does not work. So, unless Social Butterfly visits more often I will have to discover her genius. But I have already learned one lesson.

Shopping can be fun.

No comments: