Since we've mostly had a theme this week of YA fiction, I decided to add one more post to the pot.
I've been trying to decide for several weeks now what books to teach for my fiction unit. I've always wanted to give the kids a chance to choose which book to do and this time, I'm finally brave enough to do it. So, without further ado, the two books that students can choose to do are . . .
Flipped and Surviving the Applewhites.
They are two of my favorite books of all time.
More to come tomorrow.
4 comments:
.
I borrowed the Applewhites from Miss Nemesis once and, well, it wasn't my favorite. So I vote for Flipped.
What's Flipped?
These are two of my favorite books ever. Flipped is about boy and a girl with a love/hate relationship who meet each other in like 2nd grade and how they look at each other until 8th grade.
It flips point of views each chapter and so the reader gets to hear from both Juli and Bryce's perspective. I've had both boys and girls like it, so I'm hoping it'll work.
.
That sounds like a good conversation-starting book.
Hey, I love both of those!
Post a Comment