Saturday, April 08, 2006

Shocking News--I Have a Date

I made the mistake of mentioning to my friends at work that I have a date tomorrow. For some reason they were treating this like a big deal. One even said, "Wow. Miss A on a date?! It just doesn't seem right. I mean, our cute little Mormon girl actually going out?!"

I tried to explain that, (1) yes, I do actually go on dates, and (2) Mormons do actually have to date, marry, and procreate to get all of those little munchkins that they have running around. I guess I just need to mention my dating life more often . . . or not at all. I'm not really sure which one I'm really leaning towards. I feel like I should put it in the headlines--Divine Miss A Has Date! Too Good to be True?!?

2 comments:

N.F. said...

WOO HOO! Is this a first time date--or a blind date? What did you end up doing for the date?

PS...thank you for adding me!

Snow Whiteley said...

This is kind of all three. He's been in my single's ward for several years, but we've never really run in the same circles. A friend of my family set us up.

The only problem is that he graduates in two weeks and so will be moving back to Idaho. Sigh.