Thursday, December 01, 2005

There will be a RECKONING!

Yes, "there will be a reckoning." In fact, there was a reckoning. If you've ever lived with me, worked with me, or just generally met me, you may have guessed the fact that I am, at least in general, patient with other people. It takes a lot to make me mad. Ask the other 7th grade teachers. It takes A LOT. To make a long story short, my sixth hour crossed the line yesterday when we were in the library. Today came . . . the reckoning. It was short, sweet, and (at least so far) effective. I should once again add that this is a rarity. I am actually a pretty strict teacher, and so, things don't usually get to the yelling point. Today, however, was a bit different. After leaving the kids in the room with my CWC teacher so that I could take a student to call their mom, I came back in to noise. Since I knew that they had an assignment to work on that could not possibly have been done, I knew that they were waaay off-task. I must admit I yelled. I must also admit that it was effective. My next-door neighbor even opened her door so she could hear. After that I gave them a calm, cool, and collected lecture. Whether it was the lecture or the outburst, it worked. Ahh . . . the joy of power.*

*No, I don't consider myself power-trippy or power-hungry, but, sometimes it's just nice to see something work. I've gone through everything else with this class, so the consequences are comin'--perhaps even a reckoning--but, yes, I will show an increase of love after.

1 comment:

ambrosia ananas said...

Hi! Good to see you. Cute pic of the fam, too.