Saturday, January 06, 2007

In Other News


The Nameless Wonder

With all of the job and holiday events going on, I forgot to mention my new and wonderful pet. Over Christmas break I picked out a pet that would be small, rather self-contained, and relatively nocturnal (as I also tend to be). So, in other words, I got a dwarf hamster. Don't worry, he doesn't smell (nor does his home) and he is rather clean and well-behaved.

What's his name? Good question. I'm still pondering. If I had gotten the black one, I was going to name him Hamlet (who also always dressed in black) and have a Shakespearean hamster. I was going to name him Benedick (as he had sharp teeth at the beginning--he bit me twice), but now he's kind of mellowed out. I feel bad with him still not having a name after two weeks, but I'm waiting for the right fit. I just hope it comes soon. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: