Saturday, November 19, 2005

Muppet Mania

Well, my Saturday is now officially absolutely and completely wasted. I have managed to watch several movies, the foremost being . . . Muppet Treasure Island. If that were not bad enough, I also watched the special features. All of the special features. This includes the "sing-along" and "making-of" portions of the DVD.

Without trying to completely justify my crime, I should perhaps point out the literary genius of all that is Muppet. Who could not help but dance to the melodic stylings of "We've Got Cabin Fever," or "Professional Pirate," or even "Shiver My Timbers?" Also, think of the classics that the muppets have brought to the masses. Think of the holiday cheer that is A Muppet Christmas Carol. Think of the hilarity that is Muppets from Space. Forget not the romance of Miss Piggy and her dear Kermit. So, truly, I do not have cabin fever or even muppet mania, but a true and just appreciation for the artistic interpretations of the most wonderful and often undervalued Muppets.

1 comment:

Nemesis said...

I love the Muppet's Christmas Carol! And why the heck haven't you told me about your blog until now? It's great!