Maybe they finally started listening.
This library day, was actually wonderful. The kids listened; they did their work; all was well. I had no complaints and here was the best part.
The kids were actually really looking for library books. They were even asking me. In fact, it was like I was the mama duck and I had a pack (gaggle? herd? pride?) of baby ducks behind me. They would periodically shout (whisper--since it is a library) things like "Oh! What about a good mystery?!?" or "What about adventure?" even, "Ghost stories! Do you know about any ghost stories?" Then, another teacher sent down a couple of kids with a pass, and they started asking me to recommend books.

Now, they could love those books. They could hate them. At least they're reading. And I got to play mama duck for a day.
2 comments:
I like your ducks a lot. Patrick has a duck for the bath that says "hot" on the bottom if the bath water is too hot. Turns out though, it always says it's too hot, unless you dump ice cubes in there.
Your story made me laugh! It is such a great idea, too bad that it's so tempermental. I always have trouble deciding on bath water temperature for my two nieces and I'm paranoid about making the water too hot.
Post a Comment