I have been cursed. While I don't remember running over any gypsies or not tipping my waiter properly, I have come to the conclusion that I must have done something cosmically wrong.Somehow or other I find myself unable to get a license. Now, granted, part of this is my fault. I got my license renewal slip back in January, perhaps even in December. I knew I was going to be out of town for my birthday and so I'd have to do it before then. Yet, here it is The Day Before I Leave for Utah and I still haven't had a chance to renew my license.
Actually, I have tried three times. Fate, however, has conspired against me.
First, I tried the license office near work. I work in an area with a smaller-town feel. So, if you ever need to visit the post-office or the license office, it's better to do it here. It's less crowded and the people are just friendlier. This was such a good idea. Except that the license database was down statewide. Bummer.
Next, I thought I'd try the one closer to home. Turns out it's only open the first and last Saturdays of the month. Bummer.
Last, I thought that since I had Monday off, that would be a great time to go. Only it's President's Day. A national holiday. A bank holiday. A government holiday. All offices are closed. Yep. Bummer.
So, today I find myself with a faculty meeting this afternoon and a flight to Utah right after work tomorrow. I'm hoping to get my license tonight.
Three failures. Granted, most of these failures were due to poor planning or occurred just because I wasn't thinking.
That doesn't make it any less annoying.
Hopefully tonight I'll have success. Unless the sky falls. Or I get struck by lightning. Wish me luck.
3 comments:
Just out of curiousity, why don't you just get a Utah license if you're going to be out here for a while?
Ha Ha, you know, darndest thing, I sorta sold my soul to the devil to prevent you from getting a license. Ha Ha! *Scratches Head* Yeah... sorry about that one.
Brozy--That would be great, if I were sure that I'd really be moving out there this summer. The problem is, well, I don't know what I'm doing with the rest of my life. So, I may not actually be moving out there. It's probably safest to keep my MO license for a bit longer.
Thirdmango--Aha! Now I know who to blame. Be afraid. Be very afraid.
Post a Comment