Yes. I love my windows.I really do. My windows in my classroom are amazing things. They let in light. They let in the world.
Actually, that's part of the problem. Not that they let in the world, but that they let in the sights and sounds from the playground that is 20 feet from my windows. And on that playground are a bunch of 3 year olds. Who are very cute and funny and interesting. I should actually say, who are much cuter and funnier and more interesting than a certain 23-year-old teacher.
This is the reason they are almost never open.
On Wednesday the weather was beautiful and so we opened the windows. We also opened them since, even though it was almost 60 degrees outside, the heaters were still running full force and so it was 78 in my classroom. This course of action led me to several conclusions.
1. It really is beautiful with the windows open.
2. The room is a lot brighter with the shades pulled up.
3. If that little kid honks his tricycle horn one more time, he will not make it to the age of 4.
4. It is a really good idea to keep the windows closed and the shades shut.
2 comments:
I actually have always preferred the blinds to be closed. Call me odd.
In the gloomy winter I agree, but when it's sunny outside, sometimes it feels like torture.
Also, after having been trapped in the depths of the JKHB for four years, it's nice to actually have windows.
Post a Comment