Saturday, February 11, 2006

Maybe I AM a stronghold!

To quote Miss Amyjane and Miss Nemesis, I "am not a stronghold!" Some day I'll have to tell the story behind that comment, but suffice it (for now) to say, I am most definitely a softie.

Today, I went to a candle party. I must say that I knew in advance that I really liked the product and so I had set aside some money to spend. Their product really is pretty. I bought a couple of things that I thought could really work in my room. I answered several questions and won some candles in the raffle. I knew I was going to have a good time. And I did.

I also knew that I was probably going to be asked to book a show. And that I really can't right now. I'm about to start a night course. I'm leaving for Utah in two weeks. My sister's wedding (no, not Clone 2) is next weekend. My sister comes into town Wednesday. I really, really don't have time to even do a catalogue party. So, I said no.

Every single other girl agreed to host a party.

I still said no.

And, when I left for the night. I still wasn't going to give a party.

Perhaps I can be a stronghold.

5 comments:

AmyJane said...

Yay! Yay, for you learning to be a stronghold! What was that conversation even about? I remember saying it, I just don't remember what about!

ambrosia ananas said...

Wow. Good on you. Steadfast in all things.

Anonymous said...

I read that first as "I am not a Strongbad!" I was a little disappointed, but then I realized that I can't really see you as Strong Bad, anyway.

Snow Whiteley said...

Amyjane: I'll have to post the whole story, but it involves stake conference and seat saving.

Ambrosia: Hooray! I'm so proud.

Squirrel Boy: 'Tis true. I am not a Strongbad. Mexican wrestling masks just don't go with my normal attire. (Sigh) Maybe someday.

Nemesis said...

Bwah hah hahahah! I didn't remember either until you mentioned seat-saving, and now possibly it's coming back to me.

Also congratulations to you for sticking to your guns in the face of people who are trained to wear you down.

You win the award, I think.