Monday, May 29, 2006

9th Grade Books I Get to Teach Next Year

Night
To Kill a Mockingbird
The Secret Life of Bees
Romeo and Juliet
A Raisin in the Sun
YA LIT UNIT (Flipped, Bronx Masquerade, Stargirl, Make Lemonade, Hoot)
A smattering of short stories
poetry

6 comments:

Nemesis said...

You are so lucky! I love some of those books . . .

N.F. said...

OH! I just finished "The Secret Life of Bees"--it was SO good! :) I'm just sad it took me SO long to actually read it!

Th. said...

.

Have you noticed how many books of late have bees in the title? What's up with that?

Snow Whiteley said...

Nemesis: I love some of them too. Others I'm not too sure of yet, but after I teach a book I usually either love it . . . or hate it, not much in between.

Noelle: I just finished it too. I really did like it--it really made me think.

Th.:I know. It's really funny how things seem to come in groups. I keep mixing up The Bee Season and The Secret Life of Bees.

Berkeley G. said...

Sounds fun--you must be secondary ed.? I am, too, but in history. I love To Kill A Mockingbird, have read A Raisin in the Sun, and am wondering if you're referring to Night by Elie Wiesel? About the Holocoust (sp?).

Snow Whiteley said...

The Night we're reading is most definitely the one by Elie Wiesel. A powerful book.