Sunday, May 14, 2006

The Happiest Place on Earth

Over the last two days I have been to Six Flags twice.

The first time I took along 88 of my students. I know that it was all in the name of a school field trip, but in my eyes it was all about me and my annual trip to Six Flags. There were only two other chaperones on our team. One was our most illustrious team leader and the other was a Co-teacher that usually teaches with the English teacher on my team. This is always my favorite field trip. It's fun to see the kids having fun outside of school. It's also fun to be able to go to Six Flags free and get to ride on all the rides. Way worth being a chaperone to 88 kids. Way worth it.
The second trip was just me and three of my friends. The Three C's. (I am very lucky that they let me come along being that my name starts with M--Miss A.) We went on almost every ride, some up to 4 times. My favorites are the Screaming Eagle--a roller coaster from the 1970s that offers a smooth ride with many belly-flop-type feelings to recommend it, the Mine Train--a family ride that is really a mini-roller coaster, and my overall favorite: Batman. Although I like the Batman ride for the name alone, my favorite part is that it manages to keep a smooth non-paralysizing ride while still flipping you over in a 360 degree fashion, unlike the Ninja, which always threatens to leave you paralyzed from the neck down because it is so jerky.

I love Six Flags.

Hurray for season passes.

P.S. You also can't beat the men in tights walking around!

No comments: