Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Couch to 5k Podcast Link

In an earlier post I wrote about Couch to 5K. I love the running program as it gets you started slowly and you can do things at your own pace. It's a 9 week program that slowly works up your walking to running time and you add a bit more running each week. You can even repeat weeks if you'd like.

I did this years ago and worked myself up to running for about 1/2 an hour at a time. You can time yourself or go by miles, and so until I joined a gym (of which I am no longer a member) I had to look at my watch almost constantly. Since then, a very intelligent individual created his own blog and web site devoted to his experience with the program. Part of this includes MP3 and MP4 podcasts that lead you through each step of the program. No more looking at my watch constantly! Small pleasures.

Littlebit and I are still crazy enough to get up at 5:30 and we're still planning on doing it Friday, so wish me luck. In the mean time, if you're interested, click on the links above.

6 comments:

Hokie said...

Thanks for the link, I am now slightly more likely to look into it. :)

ambrosia ananas said...

Nice. Sounds like a good program.

N.F. said...

That is fantastic. Do you know, off hand, if these podcasts are listed on iTunes? For some reason, I haven't yet figured out how to get podcasts from other places...

On a semi-related note, I've increased my workouts (from non-existent to 6 days a week!) and give myself a little happy face sticker in my planner when I exercise. I love seeing all the yellow stickers...in fact, hmm. I should maybe take a picture of it and then I can post it on my blog! :)

Snow Whiteley said...

Hokie--This post was pretty much for getting the info out for ya. Glad it helped.

Brozy--We'll see once I actually get into it more.

N.F.--Congrats on the working out. Sticker charts are always fun. I'm doing a modified type on my computer. I think if you search for couch to 5k or the like you may be able to find something similar. Good luck!

N.F. said...

I did a search last night on iTunes and FOUND it! Week one is now on my iPod.

:) Thanks for the info!

N.F. said...

I listened to the part of the Week One this morning! Thanks for the link!