So, I've determined that about every two years or so, I start to re-examine my life in a big way. I'm truly not sure why I've timed it the way I have, but it seems to be more of a natural progression. Two years into living at home and teaching at the middle school I started praying and felt prompted to move to Utah. During my trip out there I suddenly felt that I wasn't supposed to move out there. Huh? So I went home and prepared to stay in my situation, but that's not what happened at all. A "practice interview" that I went to in order to prepare for Utah's round of job interviews payed off and now I'm working for the district that it was my life goal to work for. Clone 2 ended up moving home, then in with me, then in with another man--my new brother-in-law and her new husband. None of this was according to my plan.Right now I'm in another one of those examination phases, only this time I don't have a plan. I'm trying to come up with one and keep following promptings, but it turns out that sometimes this actually takes time, and I'm not sure at this point where I'm headed to--figuratively speaking--mostly.
Right now so much of my life is so safe. I have a steady job--the one I've always wanted. My family lives very close. I have roommates. Everything is generally planned out for me. I can see my life staying on this course for a very long time. And I'm not sure I'm thrilled with that thought. At this point, the plan is just to take things slow, keep looking for guidance, and see where things take me and I take myself. All in all, though, I'm planning on changing something before next year, I just don't know what yet.
image taken from:http://www.kansashighwaypatrol.org
1 comment:
What a fantastic post!
Post a Comment