My roommate Littl'bit* and I went running at 5:30 this morning. We actually did it. I came up with this crazy idea last night and she volunteered to go with me--cause she's amazing. I woke up at about 5:15 and knocked on her door about 5:25 ready to go--shoes on, jacket on, fake i-pod ready to go--ready for her to say, "Nevermind, I can't go with you this morning because it turns out you're OUT OF YOUR MIND to want to go running at 5:30 IN THE MORNING the day after spring break." But it turns out that she's polite in the morning and when I knocked all she said was, "Just a minute."
Off we went into the darkness to see that IT HAD SNOWED. Because I live in the crazy state of Missouri where it will flood one week and then snow the next. We managed to run (okay, walk) a good half hour before heading back home.
I'm starting the Couch to 5K program (found at CoolRunnings.com) next week and so I'm starting slow by just walking this week. Next week I'll start the program. I'm a big fan as I did it about two years ago and worked up to running about 45 minutes a day. Then I let my new job at my new school get in my way and stopped cold turkey. So, I'm back in business and I even have a partiner in crime.
How will I know if I'm really crazy? If I can do it again on Wednesday, I will have truly lost it.
*So, I don't think I've ever really talked about either of my two roommates. They are both taller than me, but I'll call one Littl'bit because even though she is taller than me, she is teeny-tiny around. The other one I'll call Amazon Princess because she is one--tall, confident, strong, gorgeous. Littl'bit is all of those things as well, just a bit shyer. Plus the name is just fun to say.
No comments:
Post a Comment