I've always been fascinated by homemade jewelry: from beading to resin to boondoggle. Anything that someone actually makes and puts together has just amazed me.
My sister Elena has always been very artistic (and patient) with her crafting. She sews costumes, makes bracelets, puts together purses, and is even starting up her own company of doggy duds. My sister Jen even made me a purse for my birthday . I used to work at a scrapbook store through high school, but after I graduated I put aside much time to actually put my pictures together and work on mine.
So, after discovering Etsy (thanks to Cicada) and purchasing a couple of jewelry pieces I've decided to try making a few of my own. Last year I made several beaded bracelets, but now I'm going to try resin. The safety instructions alone scare me (not to mention the artistic side of it), but I think I'm ready to go (as soon as the rest of my bezels come in). So, maybe the next time you see me and ask me about where I got my jewelry I'll be able to say that I made it myself.
1 comment:
Cool! Please post pictures when you're finished?
Post a Comment