Monday, April 21, 2008

Earthquake Thoughts

During the earthquake my thoughts were:

Friday, 4:30 AM
Hmmm. The ground is shaking. It's an earthquake. Should I do anything? No. I'm going to stay right here in bed. It's just a little one. Amazon Princess yelled down, "Was that just an earthquake." I answered from two floors below, "Yep, but just a leetle one!"

---

Monday 12:10 AM
(Last night/this morning during an aftershock.)

"Hmm. Did my bed just shake? What time is it? Zzzzzzzz."

Must have been on a different sleep cycle.

1 comment:

Crutches said...

You're more sensible than many I know. I heard others tell of thoughts like the following crossing their minds at the time of the earthquake:

----------------------------------

"Why would a whole herd of elephants be running down my hallway?"

"Why is someone tearing the siding of the apartment building at this hour?"

"Is that the garbage truck? Did I forget to put out the trash?"

----------------------------------

It makes me laugh the things people come up with to explain a little shaking. :)