Thursday, August 30, 2007

The More to Come

So, now that I'm awake and it's almost time to go to sleep again, I feel the need to post about one of my new favorite movies.



Stardust is incredible. It is the perfect mix of humor, romance, action and adventure, and magic to keep the audience under it's spell for its entire running time. The story of a love-sick shop boy from the small English Town of wall who crosses into forbidden (and magical) territory to catch a fallen star, thus proving his love to her is greater than his competition's. The all-star cast with names such as Michelle Pfeiffer, Robert De Niro, Claire Danes, Rupert Everett, and even a special appearance by Peter O'Toole I should have known to expect the best.

I'm not sure what else I can add without inputting spoilers, but just know that it is a must see and for me it is going to be a must purchase.

Funny enough, but I haven't read the book yet. Usually it's the opposite where after reading the book I can't wait to see the movie. I love some of Neal Gaiman's other works (Coraline is a favorite of mine), but others I just haven't gotten into as much. So, I wasn't able to get the book from the library, but they did have to book on tape. I'm out for a four-hour drive this Labor Day weekend, so I'm sure I'll read it then.

If I don't post before then, happy Labor Day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I completely agree. I absolutely loved this movie. I want to see it again, though probably not in theaters because we're poor and can't afford them very often.

ambrosia ananas said...

I haven't seen the movie yet. The book was okay. (Actually, my favorite part was the unrelated short story at the end of the book. It's excellent.)