Friday, August 03, 2007

New Teacher Meeting

I was a bit early, so I slipped into the back of the classroom. The new district Comm. Arts teachers were doing skits and then vocabulary method work, so I had plenty of time to look around the room.

Imagine my surprise when I read the board. On the agenda for the day for was a list of activities and objectives for the day including: "Expert Practioners: Miss V (school name) and Miss A (school name)." So, no pressure. Also, so good to know that I'm an expert.

Although, the good news is that there was less than I thought. Originally the district Comm. Arts coordinator had said to take about half an hour. Between the two of us I thought we could do it, but I was looking forward to asking questions from the new teachers to buy some time. Good new/bad news was that by the time all of the activities the coordinator had planned were finished we only had five minutes. Between the two of us. Two and a half minutes each. I pretty much said my rant from here last night, Miss V said her piece, we answered one question from the audience, and off we went, back to our houses.

All in all, hopefully not too bad. Thanks for the luck.

No comments: